#lippyaday is challenge started by norlim at baubles bubbles and bags to use different lippies daily from your stash – for those of us who have too many and forgotten about what we have.
here’s a summary of what i shared on instagram during the 9-week challenge.
1. shiro cosmetics intertube in magnets – very moisturizing and color is buildable.
2. bourjois lipstick in rose delicat – this was at one stage my regular lipstick.
3. face of australia sheer gloss lip crayon in sundae – for days i want my-lips-but-better
4. revlon color burst lipstick in soft rose – this was my lipstick of the moment at one stage
5. face of australia sheer gloss lip crayon in macaron – love that this color is buildable.
6. laura mercier lipstick in indian summer – the color should be more red in real life. subtle kind of red.
7. sally hansen 18 hour lip treatment in clear brown – this basically looks clear on my lips, which explains why i don’t wear it that often.
8. laura mercier lipstick in subtle lips – very natural. another lipstick of the moment at some stage
9. morgana cryptoria lipstick in apple plum – love this color. it looks more red in person.
10. bloom lipstick in cranberry – give my lips some color yet still looks natural.
11. l’oreal endless lipcolor in fired up – i have forgotten about this deep red lippie!
12. l’oreal endless lipcolor in mauve amor – another forgotten lippie.
13. rimmel lipstick in heavenly – didn’t wear this much because i hate the bubble gum smell, but the scent isn’t so strong now.
14. revlon just bitten kissable balm stain in adore – this is quite pigmented for a stain!
15. morgana cryptoria lipstick in it girl – a perfect wearable red.
16. morgana cryptoria lipstick in tomato – another red. can we have too many red lipsticks?
17. l’oreal color riche lipstick in velvet rose * – the color is not nude but it’s my perfect nude.
18. l’oreal color riche lipstick in intense fuchsia * – it yells for attention!
19. de leon cosmetics lipstick balm in #1 * – the perfect red for fall and winter
20. shiro cosmetics intertubes in robe and wizard hat – blue lips! i normally wear this as a base color.
if you do the math, there should be 9 weeks x 7 days = 63 different lips. i have far less photos.
you see, i’m not working now (ie i’m unemployed) and so i don’t wear makeup everyday. and when i do, i sometimes forgot to snap shots. i also didn’t start sharing my lips until a few weeks after the challenge started.
i wish this challenge started earlier. my lipstick stash was massively decluttered during x’mas break. hence there weren’t too many discoveries and surprises intended by the challenge. but i did discovered some old favorites along the way.
the challenge is now over. since i haven’t been doing this daily, i still have quite a number of lipsticks to go through and will probably continue the #lippyaday tag. make sure you follow me on instagram!
i know my photos are filtered and not showing true colors, but that’s what instagram is for!
the best thing out of this challenge? i won a set of l’oreal shine caresse lip color! this is so exciting!
my day #18 was chosen – i can’t believe the silly shot of my fish pout was one of the reasons i won. i normally don’t post publicly silly photos because… i’m too old for that. but i thought the lip color looked great and posted it for a good laugh. i guess it’s ok to make fun of myself sometimes. 8)
products marked with * were sent for consideration.