darling girl cosmetics watercolor paint pot in pyramid of skulls. usd$4.75 in 3g jar, fully filled up.
this has been on my wish list when i first saw it. i think it was either from dg’s blog or fb page. i forgot to include it with my first order. i tried to be on no makeup buy but i had to include it when i ordered something else last month. i’ll blog about that later.
the label at bottom of the jar.
color swatched at the back of my hand. it’s a very rich wine red color.
i’m not quite sure how to describe the texture. website described it as ‘soft creamy consistency’. it doesn’t seem creamy to me. to me, creamy is something like… cream. it’s very fluffy and soft. the consistency is quite thin. thinner than gel (as in hair gel, not gel liners).
what is watercolor paint pot? the website described it as a ‘multi-purpose product’ that can be used as cream eyeshadow, base for other eyeshadows and as eye liner.
i was doubtful if the product could be used as described when i first opened the jar. surprisingly it’s very easy to work with and works really well too!
because the color is quite dark and intense, i’ve only worn it as shadow by itself as a test.
i have used it as base. on my oily eyelids it lasts all day when used with primer and will crease if used alone.
this also makes a beautiful eyeliner. eyeliners last all day and does not smudge at all! i don’t even need to set it with anything! i’m impressed!
i find that it’s easer to draw a nice eyeliner with pointed eyeliner brush (eg sigma’s e05 eyeliner brush). i have trouble with flat slant brushes. maybe it’s to my bad skill…
and if used as eyeliner, it’s best to wait a bit for it to dry. i forgot to this on my first try and it left a distinct crease line. it couldn’t be easily removed and required assistance from eye makeup remover.
i absolutely love this color. if you know me, i love anything red and there are no affordable commercial products with this color – it’s always the boring blacks and browns.
i’m so tempted to get all the other colors.
here’s a look worn today.
used as eyeliner. please excuse the not-so-perfect eyeliner. can’t make a nice flick with the pointing brush. some skill i need to work on.
on my eyes:
- etude house proof 10 eye primer
- evil shades evileyes primer in naked on the brows
- detrivore cosmetics eyeshadow in mammoth on the brows
- detrivore cosmetics eyeshadow in treason all over the eyes from lashline to browbone
- chanel stylo yeux waterproof eyeliner #10 on top lashline
- bourjois effet smoky pencil in grey shadow on lower 1/2 outer lashline
- darling girl cosmetics watercolor paint pot in pyramid of skulls as eyeliner
- foa impact-curl mascara *
other products used:
- revlon photoready compact foundation in shell
- maybelline fit me concealer in 200
- nars orgasm blush
- evil shades matte silk dusted over t-zone
- maybelline superstay lipliner in rosewood to line and fill in the lips *
- darling girl cosmetics kiss you off color rich lip balm in heart of gold
products marked * were sent for consideration. i’m affiliated with sigma beauty and this post contains affiliate link.