i hope everyone had a great christmas!
i planned to do a festive christmas themed makeup today. like greens and reds on my eyes. however, i did the brows first and it looked too strong. i wasn’t sure it would look good with greens or reds, or even with a bolder eye look. i kept the eye makeup minimal to play safe.
i colored my hair red a week ago. it turned out dark plum on my naturally dark hair, but quite red under the sun. i wanted some red tones in the brows but most of my brow products don’t have reds in it. i ended up trying out detrivore‘s livor mortis eyeshadow. the color is described as “black based pink eyeshadow”. i was really into really thick brows recently, but because the color is very dark and bold, i ended up just slightly thicker than my natural brows.
products used on the eyes:
- urban decay primer potion – all around the eyes and on the brows
- detrivore eyeshadow in livor mortis – on the brows
- black rose minerals eyeshadow in red earth – about 1/4 at the start of the brows to tone down the above eyeshadow slightly
- black rose minerals eyeshadow in isela – all around the eyes
- essence gel liner in london baby – along the top lashline
- djv beautenizer fiberwig lx mascara
other products used:
- invisible zinc stick foundation in light and medium – light along the center of the face and medium on rest of the face
- catalina geo skin cover in rose beige * – under eyes and blemishes
- laura mercier secret brightening powder – under eyes
- revlon cream blush in berry flirtatious – a light layer before foundation and another layer after foundation
- shiro intertubes in why not zoidberg?
while it’s not showing in photos, i love how naturally flushy my cheeks look. blush application has always been my weakness and hence i often skipped it. i love how it brings color to my face yet not overpowering.
simple, natural and peachy. i like how the look turned out today.
products marked with * were sent for consideration.