today’s look was inspired by pixiwoo’s latest makeup tutorial where sam did a day to evening look with outfit of the day. it looks quite easy to achieve with not many products used.
i usually try to do a screencap of the look as reference however i couldn’t find a paused capturable moment. so you’ll just have to watch it and see what it looks like.
the smokey eyes was achieved with gel liner. just as sam demonstrated, the color looks quite intense when applied but looks fine after blending. it’s the blending that requires some skills which i need to work on. while it looks quite dark in closeup shots, the look is quite subtle, for a smokey eyes, when you look at the overall picture.
eye makeups used:
- urban decay primer potion
- l’oreal color riche le sourcil brow pencil in deep brown *
- physician formular gel liner, the brown for blue eye set – on eyelid and bottom lashline, blend out with blending brush
- laura mercier kohl eye pencil in antique jade – along top and bottom lashline and blended out with blending brush
- prestige eyeshadow in melba – along the crease
- arbonne eyeshadow in sand * – on brow bones
- revlon colorstay eye pencil in black – along top lashline, filling in the gaps
- l’oreal false lash telescopic mascara *
other products used:
- bourjois healthy mix serum foundation in #52
- revlon photoready liquid foundation in sand – mixed with above
- l’oreal bb powder in medium *
- a mauvish colored blush
- l’oreal color riche lipstick in velvet rose
the end result is more subtle than expected. which is quite suitable for day wear. with messy looks like this, i also don’t have to worry about eyeliner smudging, which is a plus!
products marked with * were sent for consideration.