this is a look i wore to dinner tonight, at the same time testing out some products received recently for review.
initially it was just subtle brown smokey eyes. i thought it looked plain and decided to add some colors to the bottom lashlines to spice up the look. since i’ve been used blues in some previous posts i decided to try purple to see how it goes. what do you think of this color combination?
products used on the eyes:
- urban decay primer potion
- arbonne eyeliner in toffee * – draw a thick eyeliner on top lashline and a line the lower lashline and lightly blended the lines
- arbonne eyeshadow in chocolate * – all over the lid from lashline to a bit above the crease, and on the brows
- arbonne eyeshadow in sand * – from crease to brow bone
- nyx jumbo pencil in yoghurt – inner corner
- essence gel liner in london baby – line top and bottom lashline, blended out slightly with leftover chocolate eyeshadow from the brush
- l’oreal color riche eyeshadow quad in disco smoking * – use the purple on lower lashline
i’m continuing skipping mascara. the lashes have finally grown and filled up the gap but i’m still trying to keep them product free for a while. even though… it dosn’t make much difference!
other products used:
- arbonne perfecting liquid foundation in fair *
- l’oreal bb powder in medium *
- skinfood salmon concealer
- silk naturals blush in charming
- silk naturals lipstick in bombshell
i looked too pale because the foundation is too light for me. thanks to real techniques’ buffing brush i was able to make it works better for my complexion, including buffing more products on the neck. since winter is on its way i’m expecting i’d be paler and it might work better for me.
i’m somewhat impressed that the pressed eyeshadow is quite pigmented and lasted all night tonight. but then i applied 3 layers of udpp as insurance. last time i tried it with etude house proof 10 primer and it creased. it’s still too early to give a verdict.
products marked with * were sent for consideration.