emerald is 2013 pantone color of the year. described as lively, radiant lush green. with a stash of 200+ eyeshadows (did the counting during my last makeup re-organization) i have different shades of greens but nothing comes close to emerald. /le sigh…
this is probably one of the closest. since i’m working on reviewing l’oreal paris’ eyeshadow quads that i received recently for review, i decided to play with this set. its name is close – emerald conquest.
you probably remember seeing this. i love that biggest patch of bright blue in the quad.
i tried to use all colors in the quad this time. darkest color on the brows and to set the brown eyeliner. 2nd darkest color along the lashline up to the fold of my eyes. the bright blue overlaying the color from lashline and all the way above the crease, so that you can still see the color when my eyes are opened. the lightest color, which is more of glitter than color, at inner corner and lower lashline.
it probably wasn’t a good idea using the darkest color on the brow. my brows ended up looking like a bad tattoo job… :/ i tried to toned it down by brushing it out and added brown to it.
products used on the eyes
- urban decay primer potion – 2 layers
- laura mercier kohl eye pencil in black turqoise – along the lashline as base color
- l’oreal color riche quad in emerald conquest * – as described above
- l’oreal color riche le sourcil brow pencil in deep brown * – on the brows in strokes
- physicians formula flat liner pencil in dark brown * – along top lashline and set with darkest color from the quad
- essence gel eyeliner in london baby – center of top lashline
other products used:
- l’oreal nude magique bb cream * – light along center of the face and medium under the cheeks
- l’oreal nude magique bb powder in medium *
- l’oreal nude magique bb blush *
- revlon just bitten kissable lip balm in smitten
my too-matte face right after makeup. i washed my powder brush last night and it was still wet. the sponge that comes with the bb powder was used to set makeup. initially not enough product was picked up and added more. perhaps i was too heavy handed.
my face about 2 hours later. the face looked less cakey here. on my lips after meal, shiro cosmetics intertube in magnets and de leon cosmetics lipstick balm in #1.
i prefer the look with darker lips. what do you think?
products marked with * were sent for consideration.